Friday, June 25, 2010

Slow Week

Hello all,

This week was a bit dull, compared to the other 4 that have passed. Not that it's necessarily bad that it was a slow week! My main supervisor and one of the project leaders that I’ve been collaborating with were on vacation/training respectively, so there wasn’t much for me to do in terms of deliverable work.

There are 9 main members of the Microsoft Consulting Services CBP team, and there are a few projects that are being worked on by different members. I’m actually equally distributed between the teams, so it’s a fun and interesting experience all around. I’ve had the chance to socialize and make some great connections, not only at work but also with other people in the DC Metro area, which is a very good thing!

On another front, I’ve been working on a few side projects during my time here in DC, and they’ve been progressing nicely, some at a much better rate than others. After I get back home this summer, I’m confident that I’m going to be able to look back and be proud of what I’ve accomplished regarding my side projects.

Honestly, to tell the truth I’m just glad to be in a city environment again. After 5 long years in a rural country area, this city slicker is glad to be somewhere where there are places that I can actually walk to!! J

Till Next Time,

Ron S. Nunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.