Friday, June 18, 2010

Week Three - The Third Adventure

Life with a disability comes in many forms, my deafness is a gift and a curse. Being deaf allows me to be better listener. Allows me to have more patience with problem solving skills. I can do anything except hear but I still would love to hear. Instead of viewing deafness as chains that pulls me down, I use these chains as ropes to climb towards triumph. This interview with Sarah today had me take a good look at what I think about my disability. It's still good to remember how my disability makes me a much smarter person.

Let's talk about my job, it's exciting like golfing so I hope it doesn't bore you. I was working on .NET programming to enhance a web application for webmasters. A webpage that allows users to manipulate transferring images to the server. It's like a web image uploader with more advanced features. I am glad that there's enough work on the plate. My job now seems to be all about Web Development at the moment.

Another adventurous week, I have attended to the "Google Speed Lead Event." There were discussions from successful people with disabilities. As interns we can learn from their experience to create a positive outlook for our futures. I learned that they set the boundaries to become examples of good leaders. Their helpful advice encourages me that I should take advantage in helping the AAPD to create more employment opportunities for people with disabilities.

Other than discussions, I am informed on why it's important to choose the right career path. It just hit me again because I always continue to dream big. Am I actually choosing the right career path? Before my career even started, I wanted to be a captain, a director, a billionaire, a agent, a architect, a superhero, or a monk. My career path is fine, I do not hate it. Regardless what my career path is, the first thing I must do is live life to the fullest.

If I was a billionaire, I would give all of my money to the charities and become a billionaire again just to prove myself that being disabled means nothing.

One more quote for one more adventure.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.” - Hellen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.