Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Week Six

Week Six
I am more than ready for vacation, and happy to be going to release a little steam. The beginning of the week was all but relaxing. The system administrator decided this was an ideal week start the entire agencies phase over to Windows 7 Enterprise and office 2010 companion suite due to so many people being gone on vacation. Guess whose laptop was the first in the Agriculture Marketing Service; yes it was mine of course. They said seeing as I am interning through Microsoft it only made sense that I should work out any bugs with the installation process, so that they can create a ghost image of the Operating System (OS) run correctly. It was anything but smooth seeing as the original hard drive was formatted in an older outdated version (FAT32) I had to format the hard drive before installing the new OS and then reinstall my entire cab of drivers, documents, programs I have been writing and training modules. I also had to reinstall all the other applications we run in the office testing the compatibility with the new OS. Let’s just say everything went all but smoothly, but after 3 installations of windows, we had the system perfected and ready for deployment. Although I was a little disheartened at first at my lack of success, I remembered that sometimes mistakes are the greatest learning experience and went forward setting up the other PCs around the department. I’ll be READY FOR VACATION when it comes :)
Justin Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.