Saturday, June 12, 2010

Internship Blog for Week Three

Wow! Now it is the second week of June already and I haven't started working my internship because of the delay in getting my security clearances, but I did not lose my faith and I continue to think positive, but it was tough time for me because I like keeping busy. My family and friends helped me to think positive and remind me to keep my faith strong and that was helpful to make me feel better less stress.

I went shopping at Barnes & Noble and bought a book for reading while I have free time and I went also to a Deaf performance plus I went to Smithsonian Museum for demonstrations and went with friends from Gallaudet University for touring of the city. Finally, the DHS contacted me with good news that I will start working next week on Monday June 14th, between 8:30 to 9:30 am; I think I will show up there at 8:30 to "play it safe".
I am really very excited to start working at my internship but more excited that I am at DHS! I am looking forward to doing this internship and I thank God for my chance to learn and grab a hands on experience here. Honest, I feel "honor" to receive this chance because not everyone can pass security clearance because it is so tough because of background check, and so many details.

I will have more details next week on my blog; I’m sure I will have lots more to report and will be very positive.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you passed the security check, David! And I hope they give you good assignments there!

    ReplyDelete

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.