Friday, June 4, 2010

Second Week

Hello again,

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve arrived in DC, and I must say it has been an interesting experience. I’ve been all over town and I have found out where everything is luckily. The other day I took a trip to Baltimore and Fort McHenry with a previous year AAPD intern, Mitch, and my roommate Matt. It was interesting for me, considering that I had never been to Baltimore. I also found out the Orioles are playing my home town team, the Yankees, next week so I’m trying to arrange a little trip to go see a Orioles/Yankees game! Otherwise, it’s been a good learning experience all around.

I start work on Monday, and I’m so excited to get started and work on some projects with CBP. It turns out my office is not in DC per-se, it’s an annex in Alexandria. So, I’m actually working in Virginia this summer and have to commute about a half an hour to work in the mornings, which isn’t so bad. Hopefully, I’ll be able to do some more in depth networking and administrative duties than those I have done in the past in previous internships. I’ve really been looking forward to expanding my horizons and furthering my education in as many ways as I can. They say the best way to learn is through practice and implementation, and I hope to do plenty of that when I start on Monday!

Later,

Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.