Thursday, June 10, 2010

First Work Week

Well, hello again everyone.

It’s approaching the end of my first full work week, and I can tell you that it’s a great experience that I’m going to be having in the coming weeks. The kind of work I’m doing isn’t necessarily what I expected to be doing, but it’s turning out to be quite rewarding so far. Also, the fact that I’m working directly with Microsoft, consulting to Customs and Border Protection is a plus as well. It's a different environment than i'm used to, but it's a welcome change.

I’m getting to do exactly what I came here to do, and that is to learn. I have professionals training me, many of whom either developed for Microsoft or are intimately familiar with the products I’m learning about and working with. For the longest time, I’ve wanted to be a Network Consultant, and here I get to experience what the processes and procedures that go into being a government contractor/consultant. This experience is going to help me in so many ways, that sometimes I can hardly believe that I’m actually here experiencing this. This experience is going to help me grow, not only as a person but as an IT Professional as a whole. Plus it’s a great networking opportunity, the fact that I’m getting to meet people from Microsoft, and that I’ll be working with them on a day to day basis will be great for future business and job opportunities.

Well until next week, this is Ron S. Nunes signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.