Friday, June 4, 2010

Revved up!

I have not started my internship yet but I am highly anticipating it. Even though I haven't started work per say, I have been keeping quite busy. This past week I met my supervisor, who is a very nice and accepting and person, and reviewed what I will be doing during my time at the Department of Commerce. He advised me of some things that I can do to start preparing myself. One thing in particular that I started working on is getting acquainted with the Ruby programming language. I am also did some refreshing of my web development skills. In addition to that, I am also taking two summer classes through Penn State World Campus, so they have also been keeping me busy. I look forward to this coming week and starting my internship.

I have also started collaborating with other IT interns on developing a website for Michael Castillo's DC Wakeboarding business; for those that don't remember, he spoke at orientation. Currently we are in the planning stages of the SDLC or Software Development Life Cycle. We are working to determine what the website needs and also buildilding a skills matrix to determine who will be doing what.

All in all my week has gone pretty well.

 -Benjamin Tshudy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.