Friday, June 4, 2010

Week One - The First Adventure

You might wonder if "Adventure," is my favorite word? I love adventure, It means to take risks and try new exciting things. My first Adventure begins on Sunday, I walked four hours from 12:00pm to 4:00 pm. I walked North from my dorm all the way to the West End. I traveled to Chinatown, then to Downtown. I can only wish if there's anyone who would enjoy walking with me for four more hours.

I started work on Tuesday, I was introduced to several people at work. My Boss, my Secretary, and my coworkers. All I can say that I am very lucky to have a good work environment with all of the wonderful people.

So how's work? Unfortunately, I did not get to risk my life on the computer but I still had an Adventure. I did not have any major projects at the moment. I was working on a webpage to improve usability so webmasters can upload files and pictures. Working for the USDA with the .NET programmers was a learning experience. My main job is to assist Application Development branch with daily activities ranging from .NET programming to records management application development.

Besides work, let's talk about food. At the USDA there's a Cafeteria for me to choose several types of food. I think I should bring my own lunch, the food there is pricy. There's a food section where people pay by the weight. It's not good for people who eat a lot, like me. The best time of the day to eat was dinner. I ate at Mehran restaurant for the whole week. They serve Indian-Pakistani food. That's what I usually eat at home.

Friday, I had my picture taken with the Deputy Secretary of Agriculture at the Farmers Market. I am thankful to be part of it. I hope you enjoyed reading my Adventure.

I will end this blog with a quote.

"Disappointment is the greatest adventure of all!" "It is?" - The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.