Friday, June 4, 2010

Week 10

Its week 2 here in DC and I haven't yet started work, however the stories I hear are amazing. My roommates Justin and William come home tired with crazy stories and tell me how lucky I am to be working. However I would much rather be working than sitting at home... not.
This week has not been completely wasted. I did some good programming and pr for a couple of my websites that i'm hoping will take off. I also got to explore DC on my own and even had a meeting with my roommates to work on a website for their mentor. My roommates are pretty great and we get along well, I'd say I got pretty lucky.
The only thing I'm missing in dc is a bike, and I'm having mine sent to me soon. I love, love, love, love my bike. It's a fixed gear with bright yellow rims and has about 2400 miles on it. I use to ride it to high school every day no matter what the weather. Here is my favorite picture I took of it on a particularly overcast day in a cemetery in Chicago. I can't wait for it to join me in DC.
Overall it's been a pretty great week, but I can't wait to start work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.