Thursday, June 4, 2009

Week One...Yeah!

Hello Everyone,

We made it past our first week. Hurray! Well most of us have started work. There are a few needing security clearances still, sorry.

Anyway, It's been great. I have really fit in well with the Coast Guard. They put me right to work. I have been doing the drawings or rather some of the blue prints for their fifth floor remodel. It has definitly been a learning experience. I have had to relearn the archetecture programs to be able to draw the blue prints and then I have been learning all about wiring codes for secure and non-secure sites. In addition I have revisited how to use MicroSoft Project and learned Visio. Another program I am learning is the MindGenius application in a more complex software. I feel all of this will make me more marketable in the future.

It has been a busy yet rewarding week and I hope to be able to keep focused and stay ahead. Know this, it takes many failures before one suceeds. Think of Eistien or Newton, how many attempts did they make before creating great works. So keep your head up and believe in youselves and know that the world needs you. Keep up the good work everyone. Till next time.

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.