Thursday, June 4, 2009

David McKee's work week... well week work was scheduled anyway

David MI only gave it this title because for the last few days, we weren't doing anything because our security clearance hadn't gone through yet.

So today we finally started work; We being Mitch and I. As I just stated, we first thought work would start Monday, but because of security reasons, we just started our job today and so far we just walked around a bit. Not too much happened actually. It seems I’m going to be working with Microsoft and making SharePoint sites… Hopefully I’ll get to be at least a LITTLE creative with it. I asked if I could make it "all sparkly" and I must say, the answer was less than a yes... a lot less. I never really use sharepoint so I guess I've got a bit of research to do. Luckly, I think it's on DreamSpark so I should be able to get it from there.

Oh yeah, incase anyone didn't know, DreamSpark is sort of Microsoft's... "hey, since you're a student, we'll give you free stuff." site. www.dreamspark.com is the website, I THINK. If it's not, you can put that in google and it'll come right up. Just prove to them you're a student and then you get access to all sorts of nice development tools that you can use such as Visual Studio, SQL, and many other things. I suggest you take a look. You don't have to be an IT major, you just have to be a student.

Ok I think that's all for now. See you next week!

-David McKee-

PS: cookies are tasty. :3 (Happy cat face)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.