Friday, June 12, 2009

Week 2 by Bob

So far it has been two weeks and I haven't started working yet. But yesterday (Thursday) I finally started some training for my job position. I have been assigned 4 training courses yesterday and completed 2 of them as soon as I received the assignment. That's how much free time I had on my hands, so I thought its better off completing the courses as soon as possible.

Before I started the training, I started to run out of ideas of what to do in DC. I've already visited all of the museums in DC. Speaking of museums, I was surprised to hear about the Holocaust museum shooting after I was just there last week! It's sad that people still do things like that today. Anyways, I decided to go to the bookstore and buy a book. As I went to the bookstore, I couldn't decide on what book to buy! There were so many good books that I wanted to read. After spending a good 30 minutes in the bookstore trying to decide, I finally decided on one book to purchase. As I purchased the book, I went to the National Mall park and just found a bench and started reading until it got dark.

I went to explore Crystal City because I heard there was a farmers market going on in Crystal City, so I decided to hop on the Metro and head over to Crystal City. As I got there, it wasn't hard to find the farmers market. They provided many different foods and organic drinks. They even had homemade pie, I couldn't resist so I bought some. I took a little stroll on Mt. Vernon trail and ended up stopping in the park where the planes fly so low as they're landing at the Reagan airport. I thought that was the coolest thing I've ever seen! Every 5 minutes or so, you would have a commercial airliner flying so low over your head! I ended up staying there reading my book and eating my homemade pie as the planes fly overhead. Couple of hours later, a thunderstorm came by and decided to ruin my day so I was forced to get back on the Metro back to GW University.

This pretty much sums up my week, yeah I know its boring. Back home, I have many friends that I can hang out with but for me I don't know many people here in the DC area. Most of them are over 1000 miles away from me.

-Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.