Friday, July 24, 2009

The summer to remember



For the past 3 years my summers have been very boring and mundane. It was the same thing all the time. Move back home, get a job, and work all day. Living in DC has really change the whole dynamic of my summer. It's no longer boring. Living on a college campus really helps me interact with other people. Its more of a social environment where you can have a good time. I am meeting a lot of good people this summer, people that I will stay in contact with even after the summer. This summer was truly exciting, so many things going on at the same time. So far in my 21 year life span, this summer was by far my favorite. Everything fit into place this summer.

I was place in a job I really like, my boss is really awesome, they really like me here at DHS, and I am learning so much!!!!!! Absolutely nothing has gone wrong this summer. With everything looking up, their is no way for me not have a good time. I really am thankfull for the opportunity to stay in DC for the summer and hope that I can return next summer in a different internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.