Friday, July 17, 2009

PDF Gone Crazy, Excel on the Horizon --Daman

This week I continued working on my PDF project and Excel projects. I am trying to complete my PDF project soon, I made a lot of progress and solved one issue that would have been hours of work if my solution did not work. The images are fixed and they all have alternative text tags. Now it’s time to fix the tables. This document has it in for me with surprises around every corner. One table will not copy correctly and is twisting my mind when it throws logic out the window. And who says computers are logical? I would differ. On the other hand, the Excel project is moving along without any trouble at the moment and is cooperating with me. It’s a nice change from the PDF. I am waiting for a co-worker to provide me with test data to continue onto the next step. In the meantime, I am working on all of the paperwork for the project. I attended several events this week which were interesting. The first one was an assistive technology event at the Pentagon. I can now say that I have been to the Pentagon. I also went to a brownbag lunch with AAPD and IBM and learned more about an IT careers and technology policy. This weekend is going to be busy because I have a friend coming down from Boston. I better stop writing and take the Metro to go meet her at the airport.

--Daman Wandke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.