Saturday, July 11, 2009

PDFs and Databases --Daman

This week has been very busy trying to finish up a project and starting a new project. I am preparing to test a complicated PDF file next Tuesday with a screen reader in the USDA Target Center. The Target Center is an excellent resource on assistive and accessible technology. I am starting on a new database integration project and I figured out how to create drop down menus and look up tables in Microsoft Excel. This week I had the opportunity to attend a hearing on the CLASS Act in Senate HELP Committee and also have a tour of the US Capitol. At the US Capitol, they put me with the wrong group once I got up the elevator because everyone else went up the stairs. So, that made for an interesting adventure! I also had a meeting at the Office of Disability Employment Policy where I met a lot of their staff, it was a great networking opportunity! This week was a busy week when it’s comes to dinner. I had dinner plans four nights in a row! Tomorrow I am going to the National Portait Muesum with other AAPD interns and staff.


--Daman Wandke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.