Friday, July 10, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane by Adam Dovens



My life moves really quick, I mean really fast. One minute I am here in DC next I am in Connecticut, then I am in Virginia, and then next thing you know I end up in Baltimore somewhere. I really like traveling, I like moving around. I love seeing and trying new things (a segway for example pictured above, that was a lot of fun btw). Sometimes I even surprise myself on how fast my life can change and where I physically am. I think is in part to the fact that I do things very randomly. Everything that I do is very last minute and instinctive almost. I can afford to this for sometime (especially in the summer), but then eventually all this activity catches up to me.

That's what happened this week. I crashed and I mean HARD. I got pretty sick and had to go to the friendly doctors here at GW. They said I had a virus and that I needed rest. I sorta ignored them and went to work anyway. When my boss asked me about what the doctors had said I told him. He then insisted that I go home and get rest. I felt bad so I insisted that he gave me work to do. I then did what almost anyone wants to do when you’re sick, go home. I went home and I rested and slept in. Now I am back to 100% and ready to get going again. Now I can start up my crazy life style again lol………………

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.