Saturday, July 11, 2009

Slay Saying

My summer is nearing the end and I’m not going to lie, that disappoints me. There is still a sleuth of things I have to do in this city, including people to meet and places to go. I feel my day to day operations only consist of waking up, going to work, working hard, and eating and relaxing before falling asleep. I have hardly any time to think, read and plan like I want. I had plans to meet with a slate of people and see a more and more sites around this beautiful city. I wanted to work out and stay in shape, but I haven’t succeeded much. However, there are three and a half more weeks of my summer. It is going to be a very, very busy time. I feel like I am going to sprint to the finish line after running a long race. I need to go find a coffee shop with wireless Internet and plan the rest of my summer.
Slaymaker’s Sayings:
1. Don’t take anything personally, especially in the office. Many times things happen in life where you feel something is happening you don’t know about and you can easily become suspicious, but don’t, or you will allow “The Man” to get the best of you.
2. Always be a little kinder than necessary. And if someone is truly bothering you, smother them with offering to help them. Ask to take what they are doing to help them out.
3. Don’t forget to keep track of all that you are doing. I have a duties list…and a folder of flyers of briefings and receptions I attend, so that one I can remember and two I can reference them later on.
Hope everyone’s summer is shaping up nicely…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.