Saturday, July 4, 2009

ASlaymaker and the Future

Whew, yet one more week has passed in this crazy summer. I love it, though. So, lately I have been thinking a lot about the future and what it holds for me. What graduate school program will I go to? What fellowships will I apply for? What do I want to be known for doing with my life? And all of these questions fuel my now. I am almost consumed with making sure the answers to these questions are the best possibilities. Thus, I really am living in the future to a certain extent. I have learned to appreciate the here and now…to enjoy the present while it happens. It seems life is more pleasant that way…however, with my personality, I have to plan things out. So, I have come to the realization I have to schedule planning periods throughout the week to map out my short term and long-term future. This program, or rather the experience it offers (the people I meet and places I go), has given me insight on answering the questions of the future that fill my mind. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this program and to be associated with AAPD and MEAF. I am thinking of ways to show my gratitude and give a little something back….to be continued. Stay tuned for Slaymaker Sayings next week!...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.