Saturday, July 18, 2009

Slaymaker Blog 7

It’s hard to believe summer has almost passed by….that the weeks go by so quickly and the weekends even more so.  This past week has been good.  Inundated with the broadcast of the Sotomayor hearings, I busied myself with the ordinary office routine and have a firm foundation of Staff Assistant work:  Constituent Correspondence, Flags, and Tours.   My work this summer has been much about doing what needs to be done for an office to run smoothly i.e. grunt work.  I have gotten to undertake some assignments that challenge my mind and foster a greater understanding of how our government works.  I try to take advantage of the opportunity of attending hearings, briefings, and markups, and the many after hour receptions as well.  I feel my tie in DC this summer has produced some great real life professional experiences that I am very happy about.  I am disappointed that it is almost over, but will pursue on till the end.  There a few things left I have to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.