Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week 9: More Than I Can Say

Week 9 was more than I can say. I attended the National Council on Disability Summit on Policy, the ADA Anniversary event at the White House, the Disability Power and Pride Gala, and many other events. I even had the opportunity to shake hands with the President. All the while, it was also an awesome and exciting week at work. The week didn't end with just work, though. I went to a social on Friday night on the rooftop of my Chief of Staff's building with my office and three other offices. I had an amazing time hanging out with new friends, eating BBQ, and listening to music. The rooftop also had a great view of the Capitol and the Washington Monument. Saturday and Sunday I had two friends in town, so it was only right that we went to the Phillies games on both days since they were playing the Nats. They won 1/3, but we were minus three star players. NO BIG DEAL. Ha ha. Needless to say, I was pretty exhausted by Sunday night so it was a good segue into AUGUST RECESS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.