Thursday, August 5, 2010

Last Week of Internship

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Monday (August 2, 2010): I was very furious with how the internship process goes in the United States Coast Guard because I was walking to my building and have to use the badge to enter the building then I cannot get in the security thing, then I discover that my badge was expired. I have to give the security officers my driver license to require the visitor badge, and then I have to go through the security clearness to make sure that I am clear. I do not know why I am furious about it but it was waste of my time. Then I went to get the badge that last till August 30, 2010 then I return the visitor badge back to security officers and went to my office to begin my work and complete my first day of last week of the internship. When I begin my work, my yeoman, Sandra asked me to search for websites regarding old units by USCG (United States Coast Guard) and make sure that the webmaster updated the information to Commander Units for the United States Coast Guard.

Tuesday (August 3, 2010): Second day of the internship, it was very interesting because I been relaxing and trying to find something to do to keep myself by reading technology news. I was reading about the social networking, Facebook gain more usage time from American because they spend less time doing the emails, instant messaging, and others. I do think that most of the people need to stop relaying on technology but technology make our lives much easier but at same time, I think that Americans needs to stop using Facebook as hobby but in my personal opinion, I do like Facebook, to keep in touch with my friends and my family which is they don’t have an instant messaging or an email. Then I received the work, I had to search for old files on CG (Coast Guard) website to see if they have the current unit but if no, I have to record it to inform the webmaster to update the file to current unit if they think the files are more important for their agency.

Wednesday (August 4, 2010): Third day of the internship, I received the email from my Chief Warrant Officer, she wants to say that she enjoyed working with me while I am at the United States Coast Guard, and I hope that I get the opportunity to work for the United States Coast Guard. Also, I do not want to leave because I like the load of works and meeting employees but I also happy that I am leaving because I do not need to get up early and drive from my apartment to work with load of traffic and load of crowded people. Also I received the award from my agency for appreciation. And Happy Birthday USCG!

Thursday (August 5, 2010): Fourth day of the internship, there isn’t much of things that I can do for the agency because they seem motivate to learn on their own because I accomplish the mission for them and guide them to the point where they can learn and use the skills to apply on their job tasks. I am really glad that they really enjoy my work accomplishments.

Friday (August 6, 2010): Last day of the internship, there is nothing to say about this day because it is my last day of internship. See you all in the future and thank you for your patience and time to read my blogs and other interns’ blogs.

Quotes for one more time,

· All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

· Bill Gates is a very rich man today... and do you want to know why? The answer is one word: versions. Dave Barry

· Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom. Thomas Jefferson

· Bill Gates is the pope of the personal computer industry. He decides who's going to build. Larry Ellison

Kevin Whetstone is signing out,

Have a wonderful weekend and the future till we meet again.
My email address is kevin.whetstone.aapd@gmail.com if you have any questions.

For my class of 2010 AAPD Interns: I am going to miss you guys, thank you for the best internship and I hope that I am going to see you guys in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.