Thursday, August 5, 2010

Final Week and Quotes

I was not sure would get through this week. I guess one more day to go. I was about done in by saying goodbyes and trying to balance a feeling of nervous energy with plain nervousness. I sent an email to everybody and people responded back with many warm wishes. I had lunch with the CIO on Tuesday as well as visiting Cathy McMorris-Rodgers, the representative from my state of Washington, who Is a disability advocate. Today we had a goodbye party for Dennis, and a birthday party for the 11 people from July and August. I felt was involved in too many conversations and told my spiel about what would study many times. I warmed to my subject though and felt just small talk was soothing. I had sandwiches at the first one and then cake and ice cream. I want to get home and get a more healthy routine. I think I may have a hard road to travel to get fitter. I plan to walk into town every weekday especially to the farmer’s market. I also plan to continue my yoga which I have kept up here. I will also just relax until school starts, on September 15, other than filling out my financial aid paperwork. I plan on taking some fun class too not just computers. I am also looking forward just to getting back home for a vacation of sorts in the Seattle area. I will garden and eat the fruits of my labor, relax and read all the good books I bought here. I am grateful for friendly coworkers and fellow interns but also for some time to be my true introverted self. I will end with some quotes because they express the mix of feelings I have right now.

Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact.
George Eliot

And when a woman's will is as strong as the man's who wants to govern her, half her strength must be concealment.
George Eliot

But what we call our despair is often only the painful eagerness of unfed hope.
George Eliot

Through all things, keep your smile, your integrity, and your hope.
Jay Thompson, coworker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.