Monday, August 16, 2010

Last One Blog

I learned so much while in D.C.! I saw so many people with so many different disabilities, and I learned about there are so many different disabilities than I thought. I made so many new friends, too! It was a wonderful experience for me, really awesome and I will never forget it! I took advantage of opportunity going to museums and so many events and learned about getting around DC, which really is easy because of the Metro system; it is easier to get around in DC by Metro than Chicago CTA (Chicago Transit Authority)!

I was so lucky to have this unique internship opportunity. I agree with Zoe because I too will definitely plan to keep in touch with everyone. I will plan to attend the AAPD events next year, but of course I don’t know where I will be. It is so wonderful opportunity for meeting people and social networking, and it is wonderful for the opportunity to learn and have new experience than I can remember and use for the future, like after I graduate college and have a job in the real world I will look back and think of my awesome experience in DC.

I want to say “thank you” to everyone- AAPD, and Department of Homeland Security (DHS); you are all wonderful people to me and I am so happy to meet each of you. Thank you for working with me and for hiring the interpreters for meetings when DSL was not working because of the Verizon problem. Thank you for the opportunity to meet President Obama- that was so awesome and so exciting!!

Finally, to all interns, I want to encourage you to work hard when you go back to school. Always keep your mind open to learn any new things and stay positive with you attitude because if you stay positive your attitude, you will learn. Good luck to everybody! Keep in touch! Hope to see you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.