Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 10

Sighs. I am very sad to see that I only have one week left here in D.C. I love the place and the people here as well as my friends and colleagues. But let's focus on the fun part last week.
On Monday (the 25th), I had an amazing tour of the Counterfeit section at Secret Service. The deaf employee over there has taught me a lot about genuine and counterfeit currency (both domestic and international). I got the chance to peek at the brand-new $100 currency bill, and it looks so awesome and high-tech! Can't say anything anymore, because it's a secret... shh. However, I got a chance to chat with my deaf colleague at Secret Service after the tour, and I was happy to hear that she will try to get in touch with a person from Cyber Crime division because of my interests in computer forensics.
On Tuesday (the 26th), it was an amazing time for me at the 21st Anniversary of the ADA event. After listening to awesome keynote speakers like Kathleen Sebelius (the Secretary of Human & Health Services), Senator Mike Enzi (R-WI), Senator Mark Pryor (D-AR), Tom Tauke, Executive Vice President, Public Affairs, Policy and Communications at Verizon, and Bruce Darling, National Organizer with ADAPT), I definitely did have moments of goosebumps because of their inspiring speeches. After the event, I got to meet several new people, which is a terrific opportunity!
On Wednesday (the 27th), I gave a presentation to Civil Rights & Civil Liberties (CRCL) interns that is working at Homeland Security about what my office do and to show them our shiny toys which is assisted technology for our employees & customers with disabilities.
On the very same day, I got stuck with two or three options, but am unable to make a difficult decision to choose one of them. Don't get it wrong: these options are good ones, but it can determine the outcome of my future. I believe this Wednesday (the 3rd) probably will be the big day that could change my life forever. Sometimes I do feel like I need to choose a path, but it takes a lot of time to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.