Sunday, August 7, 2011

AAPD Conclusion!

The final week in Washington D.C. was lots of fun. During the final week, I got to go to Baltimore, Maryland. It was a lot of fun. There are some parts of Baltimore that are rough. However, if you are near the Baltimore Harbor then you will be fine. I took a lot of photos of the harbor. I also got to take the city bus for the first time. I grew up in a semi rural area so I have not been exposed to as many urban areas. I got to see the ships that are near the Chesapeake bay. I also got to give my capitol tour in the United States Capitol. I did really well because I was able to explain the history of the Capitol and our nation to the tourists. The tourists were impressed with the Capitol. I also got to see the Pentagon building from the outside for the very first time. I finally got around to being able to get a photo with Congressman Hoyer. I was very happy to be able to see him and have a photo taken with him in the Capitol. Then on Friday, I finished up my work interning for Congressman Hoyer's Office. Overall, I really enjoyed my time in Washington D.C.  It was a lot of fun and went by way too fast. I want to thank the AAPD and all of the people or companies that helped sponsor my internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.