Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 10

This past week I continued to learn a lot. With the current spending/debt crisis going on in Washington, I had the opportunity to speak to many average everyday Americans. Talking to these individuals showed me first hand how Washington politics are affecting the American people. Seeing the politics and the reactions of the American people brought me beck to when I was an undergrad. I remember when I was an undergrad in my upper division Political Science classes, talking about different theoretical prospectives and thinking (ya right this doesn’t really happen). Well I was wrong, these theories how ever old, still hold true to this day.

I also had the opportunity to go to another baseball game this past week. On Wednesday after work, the Congressman’s chief of staff treated the interns and staff to the Nationals game. The really cool part was that the Nationals were playing the Marlins. The Congressman I work for is from Florida. Additionally, it was dollar hot dog night so I was able to enjoy a few hotdogs at the baseball game. The game was also a great opportunity to get to know my coworkers outside the office setting. Although the Nationals ended up loosing, I still had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.