Sunday, August 5, 2012

The End..and Next Step


Its almost over.  I am about to enter the last week of my internship.  I am sorry that things are over so soon.  With all of the security issues, I feel like my assignments have come and gone way too quickly.  Still, I had an amazing experience at both the AAPD and the Chief Human Capitol Officer’s Office of DHS.  I had great bosses, relaxing yet busy working environments, where there was a lot to do but no one snapped or lashed out due to deadlines.  It all makes me wish I had more time.

I also met a lot of very interesting people.  My roommates, the people I did the internship with, the people in my DHS and the AAPD offices, and the people the AAPD brought in to help us.  It has all been fascinating.  I am grateful for all the people I got to know here.

As stated in previous blogs, I also have gotten a surer footing from this experience.  I have developed greater self-confidence and pride in who I am and what I have.  I am also feeling much more strongly that I want to go in social justice work of some kind, though what is still anyone’s guess. 

Beyond there, there is an element of concern.  I am honestly a little scared.  Will I get a job?  Did I do everything I could at the internship?  Was there one more thing I could have done? I feel like I did a good job, but I am still nervous.  I am eager to see what comes next, and to know what it will feel like in September when I don’t have classes to go back to.

Well, that’s the end.  Thank you to everyone who made this possible.  I had a wonderful summer, and I will be forever grateful for the opportunity I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.