Saturday, August 4, 2012

Blog 10


Note to reader: I have not spell checked this document so that you can see my dyelxic spelling

What a fabulous summer it has been. I can’t beleave how fast it has gone by and how much I have done at my internship. My supervisior had me put to gether a list of the projects I have accomplished this summer—wow, I have done a lot! I think the last couple weeks have been the best of the summer. All the pieaces have come together and I am really feeling at home at the office as well as making use of some of the connections I fourged earler in the summer. It makes me think that coming back next summer would be a highly productive use of my time—allowing me to really make the most of what I have done this year.

I would also like to take this time to think AAPD for putting together a strong program and allowing us all to have this wonderful opertunity. It has been an exsperence that has trully shaped my furture. My perceptions of public policy have sifted and I have gained a much greater respect for the federal government. I am aware of so many more recources and connections then I was when I arrived here in DC. I feel much more ready to take the plunge into employment, even though I still have a couple years before I will need to do so. Yet I know that I am on the cusp of a major shift. I am ready to begin. It is the end of the beginning!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.