Monday, August 6, 2012

Thank You


All I can say is thank you. Thank you to all of the people I have met this summer - my wonderful roommates who have provided love, support and honesty, the AAPD interns who have given me a diverse amount of perspectives, my mentor - Curtis Richards for already teaching me so much in so little time and AAPD for providing the resources and support for this unforgettable experiences.

As this summer comes to a close, I am reflecting on all that I have learned and encountered; I could not feel more grateful! From working at USAID to attending the NCIL conference to spending time with the great disability rights leaders, I am overwhelmed with the accomplishments and future of this movement.

As I begin to pack my things, fortunately, I will not be saying goodbye to this beautiful city because I will be beginning my junior year at American University. With my new home in the district, I cannot wait to continue developing my place in the disability rights and justice community.

Lead on, lead on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.