Monday, August 6, 2012

Almost Gone

I couldn’t have asked for a better second-to-last week. I got to spend quality time with other interns, people from my office, and got to meet Senator Roy Blunt. In spending the evening in the company of Rak and Ben, I learned of breakfasts held by Senators in order to get to know their constituents. I went to my Senator’s website, and learned that he was having what he calls a “Missouri Morning” the next day. I went and was able to meet and take pictures with Senator Blunt. He was a very nice gentleman, and was interested in my time in Washington. Realizing that I only had a week left caused me to slow down and take everything in a bit more. I went to the Nationals game on Thursday with a couple guys from work and had a great time. It was my fourth Nationals game, and, like the other three, was awesome. The Nats went on to win, and the night was good. I also spent more time hanging out with my roommate Rak, who is a great guy. We hung out pretty much all weekend, and got to know each other even better. It’s going to be very sad to leave DC in less than a week, but I will forever cherish my time here. My final week promises to be another great one, as if I would expect any less. I will definitely be spending more time with the great people I have come to know here, and will have a heavy heart come Saturday. Signing off, Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.