Friday, June 11, 2010

Week Two - The Second Adventure

My second adventure begins on Saturday and it ends today. At the earliest day I invited a friend to an Indian restaurant for lunch. Then it's Chinatown, I have invited my roommate out to dinner to eat Chinese Cuisine. It was supposedly good. Pork fried rice, Pepper Steak, Fried Noodles with Beef, and Steamed Pork Buns. Paying Sixty dollars for all of this was fantastic! I hope my mother doesn't read this blog because the bill is on her.

You know how much I love food, yet being in good health is more important. Your health is the most important in life, without your health you won't be alive. A good health means a healthy mind and a stable completion of work on time.

On Wednesday, I had an intern orientation on my job at the conference room. I have received Interpreters instead of closed captions (c-print). I was somewhat lost because I am just not fluent in sign language. Next time I will make sure there's a typist during meetings so I won't miss anything. Nothing big, we had to learn the background and civil rights information about the Department of Agriculture.

Thursday was "Records Management Awareness" event that took place in the back of the Cafeteria. I had to complete numerous records on SharePoint server. I used to work on databases such as Mysql and Oracle. It's nice to help employees with different type of work that I did not learn in school.

Most of my work during this week was Records Management. I expected to finish creating record files and folders by Friday. It didn't work that way I ended up working on .NET Programming project which does not have a due date. Projects take time and a due date would help but I am expected to take my time to be creative.

Today I was at the farmers market again, which happens every Friday. I had a Veggie Patty. The farmers market is quite small. Why are some of the farmers market food more expensive than "Trader Joes" Organic Supermarket? Maybe they are tastier?

Enough about food..

My stomach is growling now, I am supposed to go to Costco today. I will end this blog with adventure.

"If you want to be a good archeologist, you gotta get out of the library!" - Henry "Indiana Jones, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.