Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Week 3

Week Three
I am a little overwhelmed at how busy my boss likes to be. She is an amazing person whom loves to jump from project to project, and offer out services to every department in the USDA. I find it very comforting, because one of my biggest concerns before arriving was making sure my employer has enough work to keep me busy. In my previous jobs, I had been confronted, and one time threatened about working over quota. My boss at the time said that working too hard was like stealing other people’s hours. I understood what he meant, although I never let it affect my work performance, and eventually transferred to a department that would better suit my work performance. At the USDA, that was not an issue! Sarah my boss put me to work first day, multitasking projects around our Agriculture Marketing Office, and offering my service to other departments under the USDA umbrella. She was amazing, and I soon began to receive the reward for hard work, getting a photo shoot with press coverage for me and a few other interns I got to choose. It was a glorious event kicked off at the farmers market with Rayne Pegg and the US deputy secretary of agriculture. I felt so happy to finally be rewarded for my hard work and determination to succeed. I think I could really get used to this!
Justin Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.