Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Great Summer Experience

I am glad that I was chosen this summer to be a 2010 AAPD-Microsoft IT intern. Working at the Department of Commerce provided me with such great experience, and I greatly enjoyed it as well. I learned a lot about Drupal, and I am already starting to implement it for my own personal use as well as for others.

I also gained some life experience, such as in socialization, which was one of my main goals to get out of this experience. This is the first time I had lived away from home, and with strangers. At first it was a little difficult, but before too long I got used to it; I got to know my roommates pretty well. Also, between going to work and going to the many available events, many opportunities were provided for me to socialize and interact with others.

I am still keeping in contact with my mentor, Pablo Chavez, from Google. I am so glad that I was paired up with him as he is such as great guy. I continue to keep in contact with him and hope that I will see him again soon.

All in all, this internship was such a great experience and I would do it again any day. Good luck to any future interns that my read this, you won't regret it!

-Benjamin Tshudy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.