Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer's Past


Since the beginning of the internship, I had been planning for this week. Sending out invitations, looking up contact information, hiring interpreters and a recorder, ordering food, buying supplies, creating materials, etc. What was this important event, you ask? On Tuesday we hosted a roundtable discussion on healthcare transition for youth with disabilities and chronic conditions at the Youth Transition Center. With 32 participants, the event proved to be a stimulating discussion and all our hard work appeared to pay off. Now that this event is over however, I really feel as if my internship is quickly coming to an end. Between having to say goodbye to a fellow intern two weeks earlier than expected and visiting with my Mom and Aunt this weekend, I feel as if my internship is over already even though I know I have 12 days left in D.C. In the time I have left, I am going to make a point to see as much of the city as possible. Even though I've been here for two months, I still feel as if I haven't seen most of the city. There is always something else to see or do. With one more weekend left, I plan to make the most of my time and visit museums and chic neighborhoods that I have yet to see. Whether I will be able to fit everything in, however, is another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.